Recipe by: Jamie Caudy
|800 g||Milk Chocolate|
|4 cups||Heavy Cream|
|4 cups||Whole Milk|
|8 each||Gelatin Sheets|
|1/2 cup||Trablit Coffee Extract|
|22 g||Dreidoppel Espresso Paste|
|2 lb 4 oz||Mascarpone Cheese|
|12 oz||Heavy Cream|
|167 g||Egg Yolks|
|3/4 cups||Sweet Marsala Wine|
|270 g||Egg Whites|
Cream of Tartar
|1 cup||Simple Syrup|
|1 cup||Trablit Coffee Extract|
|1.5 cups||Marsala Wine|
- Make espresso syrup by combining all the ingredients and mixing well.
- Reserve espresso syrup until later use.
- Cut our cake circles or lady fingers to fit desired glassware or vessel of choice and reserve.
To make the Coffee Cremeux:
- Add chocolate to a large oversized bowl and reserve.
- Bloom Gelatin in ice water until soft
- Remove gelatin sheets from ice water and squeeze out any excess water.
- In a stainless steel pot heat heavy cream, milk, salt and sugar.
- Once mixture has begun to simmer, temper the egg yolks with the hot cream mixture together.
- Place back on burner and continue to heat gently, stirring constantly, until the mixture has reached 178°F.
- Once mixture has reached 178°F, turn off heat and stir in gelatin to dissolve.
- Pour hot liquid over chocolate, coffee extract, and espresso paste. Allow to sit for thirty seconds then stir until smooth and all the chocolate and gelatin sheets are melted.
- Reserve warm while making mascarpone filling.
To make the Mascarpone Filling:
- In a countertop stand up mixer, fitted with the whip attachment add mascarpone, cream and yolks.
- Mix on speed 2 until creamy.
- Stream marsala wine into the mascarpone mixture and continue to mix until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer mascarpone cream to the large bowl and reserve.
- Wash the fitted mixing bowl and whip attachment and dry well.
- Add egg whites and cream of tartar to clean dry bowl fitted with the whip attachment.
- On speed 2 stream in sugar.
- Whip whites to a stiff silky meringue.
- Gently fold meringue into mascarpone mixture until combine but do not deflate the mousse.
- Add to pastry bags and pipe a short layer of the mousse into desired glassware or vessel of choice.
- Continue building parfaits by adding pre-cut cake circles to the top of the mascarpone mousse.
- Press cake down gently to avoid and air pockets.
- Soak cake layers with espresso syrup – be generous!
- Add a thin layer of espresso Cremeux to the top of the cake and allow to cool and set in the refrigerator.
- Continue with another layer of mascarpone mousse and top finally with sponge cake.
- Soak top sponge cake layer generously with espresso syrup and cover with plastic wrap to store until ready to serve.
- Serve parfaits with freshly whipped cream dusted with cocoa powder and your choice of chocolate crumbles or toppings.