Strawberry Peach Pate de Fruit
Recipe by: Jamie Caudy
Strawberry Puree (LB 111110)
|500 g||Peach Puree (LB 113310)|
|23 g||Fruit Pectin (DGF 8285)|
|150 g||Glucose (DGF 8369)|
- Lightly spray a half sheet pan with pan spray and line with plastic wrap, being sure to push plastic wrap down into the corners and sides of pan.
- If a sauce gun is available, plexy molds can be prepared, simply by lining them onto vary flat sheet pans.
- In a stainless steel pot bring puree to a boil.
- Add 100g sugar and fruit pectin.
- Mixing well with a whisk, bring fruit and pectin mixture back up to a boil.
- Add remaining sugars and whisk continually until it reaches 106 degrees C. (very long time!) - to test drop a small amount of hot liquid onto a stainless steel table top and if it peels off it is done.
- Pour onto plastic wrapped lined ½ sheets, let cool slightly and cover with plastic wrap directly on top to avoid a crust.
- If a shape is desired; working quickly, pour mixture into a sauce gun and drop into desired mold. Then dust the exposed part of the mold with granulated sugar and allow to cool at room temperature.
- After completely cool, unmold plexy molds or cut sheets into desired shapes, taking care to coat in granulated sugar immediately after unmolding or cutting.
- Leave jellies to dry at room temperature uncovered for about a day. Some flavors may need to be tossed in more granulated sugar after sitting for a day.
- Place in an air tight container and store at room temperature.