Strawberry Pate de Fruit
- Bring strawberry puree and glucose syrup to a boil.
- Combine 1st amount of sugar and pectin-- ensure pectin has been thoroughly incorporated into sugar. Whisk into boiling puree. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes, constantly whisking.
- Add 2nd amount of sugar in 3 stages. Cook until 107°C (225°F)
- Remove from heat, stir in tartaric acid.
- Immediately dispense into tray mold for guitar cutting (Rapid Set or Slow Set Pectin) or individual silicone molds (Slow Set Pectin only**).
- Sugar in tray, cut, and then completely sugar (guitar cutting) or de-mold and completely sugar after 30 minutes (molds).
*Fruit acidity affects pectin results. This recipe is specially formulated for Leonce Blanc Strawberry Puree (LB 111110). Using another fruit puree may not yield the same results.
**Rapid Set Pectin is not suitable for pouring into individual molds due to quick setting time.