La Bete Noire (Flourless Chocolate Cake)
Recipe by: Jamie Caudy
|1023 g||Bittersweet Chocolate|
- Pre-heat oven to 300°F.
- Combine water, sugar and butter in a stainless steel pot and bring to a boil.
- Pour hot mixture over chocolate and allow it to sit for a few minutes.
- With an immersion blender, combine chocolate mixture until it is shiny and smooth.
- Continue by adding eggs one at a time.
- Add salt. Batter should be smooth as silk.
- Pour onto desired greased cake pans or plexy molds.
- Place pans in pre-heated oven and pour water between the plexy mold and the sheet pan to create a water bath, filling it about half way up the side of the sheet pan. Follow the same directions if using a cake pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, rotating very carefully about half way through the cooking process.
- When done, it should jiggle like crème brûlée.
- Carefully remove cakes from water bath and allow to chill.
- Refrigerate until completely chilled.
- For easy removal, transfer plexy mold onto a dry sheet pan lined with parchment paper and freeze until firm.
- Unmold directly from freezer for cleanest edges.
- Transfer to cooler until ready to serve.
- For smoothest texture, it is best served at room temp.