Dreidoppel Amarena Cherry Decorative Pie Slab
Think outside the pie crust: Our Marmorias are good for more than just adding a burst of flavor to frozen treats. For a special twist, try incorporating our sweet Amarena Cherry Marmoria to baked goods, like this decorative cherry pie.
Recipe by: Joan Repato
12 oz (340 g) Unsalted butter, cold
7.5 oz (214 g) Granulated Sugar
10 oz (280 g) All purpose flour
(plus more for kneading the dough)
6.7 oz (190 g) Almond meal or almond flour
0.07 oz (2 g) Kosher Salt
20.8 oz (590 g) Dreidoppel Amarena Cherry Marmoria
(or Amarena Kirsch if you like larger pieces of cherries)
2 oz (55 g) Lightly toasted sliced almonds
1. Prepare baking pan by spreading the bottom and sides with unsalted butter or spray with oil all over the pan.
2. Cream butter and sugar with a paddle on medium high until light and fluffy.
3. Add the flours and salt to the bowl and beat on low speed until the ingredients are incorporated and the dough comes together.
4. Take out the dough from the bowl and knead together to form into a ball. Divide the dough into 2 balls: the first ball should be about 2/3 of the amount and the other ball 1/3 of the dough. Wrap both pieces in plastic wrap in a rectangular shape and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before rolling (or you can make it a day ahead of time).
5. When you are ready to put your pie slab together, take the larger piece of dough and place it in between two sheets of parchment; this will allow you to roll the dough without adding additional flour.
6. Roll the dough slightly larger than your pan so dough will come up the sides. Then transfer the dough onto the pan, press it down and peel off the parchment paper.
7. Scrape off any dough that got stuck on the parchment paper and patch the crust if necessary.
8. Spread the Dreidoppel Amarena Cherry Marmoria evenly across the dough, then sprinkle the toasted almonds all over the pie.
9. Roll the smaller piece of dough and cut out fun shapes that you like. Arrange them on the pie in a decorative fashion.
10. Bake the pie for 25 to 35 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool on wire rack.
11. When fully cooled, cut the slab into pieces of any size.
12. Dust with powdered sugar if desired or brush with glaze. If desired, serve with whipped or ice cream.
Step 6: Roll the dough slightly larger than your pan so dough will come up with sides. Then transfer the dough onto the pan, press it down and peel off the parchment paper.
Step 9: Roll the smaller piece of dough and cut out fun shapes that you like. Arrange them on the pie in a decorative fashion.
Add dimension and flavor to more than just gelato with Dreidoppel's delicate Amarena Cherry Marmoria, used here by Chef Joan in a deliciously decorative cherry pie. Perfect for summer soirées!
Have a recipe you'd like to share? Tag us on social @ifigourmet and use #GourmetSweets for a chance to get featured - happy baking!