Citrus Scented Butter Cookies
What better way to celebrate the winter season than with these iced snowflake butter cookies? Using our popular Vanilla Bourbon flavor paste and bright lemon zest flavor, these treats are sure to be a crowd pleaser for many festivities.
Recipe by: Joan Repato
16 oz (454g) Butter
14 oz (397g) Granulated Sugar
2 Large Eggs
0.48g oz. (13.7g) Baking Powder
23.5 oz (668 g) All purpose flour
- Cream together butter and granulated sugar.
- Add both eggs and Vanilla Bourbon Flavor Paste to creamed butter and sugar.
- Whisk together baking powder, Citroperl, Oraperl, and all purpose flour. Add slowly to butter cream mixture until fully incorporated.
- Divide dough in two and wrap each dough in plastic and allow to rest in refrigerator. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/6 or 1/4 inch thick and cut with cookie cutter. Bake in preheated oven at 375°F for 7-10 minutes until light brown along the edges.
- Dip or pipe with melted Bel-Coat or White Confectionery Coating.
- Decorate with Crispearls, Crystal Sugar, Brilliant Powder, or other decorations of your choosing.
Have a recipe you'd like to share? Tag us on social @ifiGourmet and use #GourmetSweets for a chance to get featured across our channels! Happy baking!