Blackcurrant Ganache for Truffles or Molded Chocolates
Recipe courtesy of: Leonce Blanc
|10 oz (285 g)||Leonce Blanc Blackcurrant Puree|
|7.4 oz (210 g)||Dark Chocolate|
|6.5 oz (185 g)||Butter|
|Empty Milk Chocolate Truffle Shells|
|Tempered Milk Chocolate|
- Heat the Blackcurrant Puree to 185° F.
- Pour the puree over the melted chocolate in 3 batches.
- Mix with a spatula starting from the center to create the emulsion.
- Continue to mix while pouring to keep this emulsion.
- Add the butter in cubes and stir, trying to incorporate as little air as possible.
- Let cool, cover on contact, and store in a cool place for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Using a disposable bag and a plain nozzle, pipe the ganache into the milk chocolate shells.
- Close the shells with tempered milk chocolate.
- Allow to freeze then cover them by hand with tempered milk chocolate and roll them in the cocoa powder. Let the chocolate set.
Pack in airtight boxes and keep in a cool place.